Sunday 25 October 2015

faithful trio (Christmas Series)


No these cards aren't very clear in this picture; sorry! But if you can look closely, you'll see they have a lot of similarities as well as a lot of differences.  I made all of them with the All Ye Faithful stamp set and I embossed each image in gold on vellum, coloring them from the back with my Stampin' Write markers, but after that, I tried a different look for each.


Sometimes I like using totally unexpected colors for my Christmas cards. Here I used mostly coral, since Mary's robe is coral. 


For the shepherd, I went with earthy and natural tones and textures.


While I think of the wisemen as probably wearing dark rich jewel tones, I lightened it up a bunch, while at the same time keeping this card elegant with softer colors. .

No comments :