Saturday 7 November 2015

sisal "paper" textured Christmas cards


 I went to the local craft store and found this creamy jute-like textured STUFF!! Hardly paper, but so neat to mat my focal point on. Something reminiscent of straw. And I'm quite sure it's suitable for a nativity scene since Baby Jesus surely laid on straw in the manger, don't you think? This image (top) is from SU's "All Ye Faithful" stamp set.


 Here I used a sentiment from "Wonderland" as well as the pine branch from last year's "Ornamental Pines" set. THAT is one set SU could gladly bring back. I hear so many people who wish for it again. Especially this very universal pine and cone image. Love that straw here as well.

Another gold embossed verse from "Every Blessing". Here I used the verse as my focal point. Usually it's an image or die-cut that's the focal. And here the straw really shows up.
It's all about textures, and who doesn't love textures?

1 comment :

Auntie Social said...

Beautiful cards! I'm itching to try the metallic idea