Monday 11 January 2016

rose garden (more sympathy and caring)


I have a difficult time keeping my cards SIMPLE, so lately that's been my on-going challenge: simplify, simplify, simplify. And this Rose Garden stamp set helps me so beautifully. It almost makes itself into a card and you need very little other embellishment. On both of these cards I embossed the rose image in clear and then sponged ink on top. (emboss resist technique, my favorite of all time!) 


Notice the seaweed image from By The Tide. Wow is that ever one versatile stamp. Here it looks like the airy asparagus fern used in bouquets. It also works well to put a crackle effect on, say, a teapot or something similar. An aged look...but that's not what this is about! Ha! Below you see the inside of this card. I just love love love the sentiments on Rose Wonder. So caring.... 

As you can see, I'm replenishing my sympathy card supply! Soon we'll be onto something else. Promise!


No comments :