Wednesday 4 February 2015

People Like You...in watercolor


Okay so the whole design isn't watercolor, but the background is---on Whisper White cardstock. I used Stampin' Blendabilities on the flowers and then after the background was painted in, I masked off the flower and stamped on some flourishes and ferns from my ever favorite Butterfly Basics. AGAIN!!!

I fell in love with People Like You long ago but only made a couple cards with it since I couldn't get past that the quote on it. While I don't mind what the original image says (the world is a better place because of beautiful people like you) I'm only going to give that away once or twice. 

One day I had lots of time to think (yes, I was in my recliner due to back issues again...) and I thought, "Hey, there's a punch that matches that shape! I'll use THAT and change what it says!" And since I was in the water color mode I figured those ferns and flowers would be awesome against a pond setting!

So there you have it!

1 comment :

Tara said...

Love the underwater effect you created! Very Gorgeous!!!