Friday 27 February 2015

The Challenge Spark (fun and fancy folds)

 This week it's my turn to choose the Challenge Spark and I chose to do Fun and Fancy Folds. Something out of the ordinary. I like trying a new size and shape other than the standard quarter-fold cards. So here's what I came up with for entries. Go to Tara's blog and visit Jane's as well to see what my other team players have created!

This card (above) uses the Label Card Thinlits die and I think it's the first card I've ever actually LIKED that I made with that die. The reason? I can't nicely wrap my head around decorating three faces of varying size and shape. So this time I took some of both current and retired product and decided to try using mostly only one color with just a few accents. And I was happy with it!


This card is really really simple. Just cut off part of the front face and decorate both the very front and the inside. I used Butterfly Basics and also the flower punches with their matching stampsets. 


2 comments :

Tara said...

I know what you mean about these dies. I bought one cause I thought it would be great. And I've hardly used it at all! Love your bird and all the flowers. Fun technique!

White Orchid said...

I'm with you on those thinlits.

I like your idea of cutting part of the front off. So very easy!