Sunday 22 March 2015

a tough week (good-bye is hard)


A young wife is left to raise her children alone after her husband died in a logging accident early last week. Her parents and siblings live close to us, so we are well acquainted and feel the deep sadness along with the family. While listening to an audio streaming of the funeral service with all the gorgeous singing that seemed to be coming  straight from heaven, I idly made cards. Keeping my hands busy helps me understand better, seems like. This one (above) almost made itself since I wasn't really concentrating on my art. I was surprised to find myself using a stamp from Just Kidding for the sentiment. Truly, saying "goodbye" is hard. And I'm glad to be able to use this stamp set for something sad as well as humorous. I don't have anything inside the card since I do love having lotsa room to say my own thing now and then. Especially for an occasion such as this week's tragedy.


Another card borne out of an aching heart. Same occasion; same soothing tear-stained colors. I love using watercolor paper and re-inkers. Here I was also able to use my new Little Letters dies. Since I couldn't bear to toss the little strip I had to remove to fit my card base, I adhered it into the inside of the card. Nice touch, anyway!



1 comment :