Tuesday 27 January 2015

{effortless} negative space snowman




Several friends who have young (ish) daughters have requested instructions for more basic cards. So I'm launching my {effortless} series. I don't have a schedule for when I'll post these since inspirations come to me at random times! But I'm interested in getting you off to a good start with some lovely do-able ideas. 

This snowman card is one of the quickest, yet brilliant card schemes I found on Pinterest. (Don't ask me where; I searched and couldn't find it again. WHY didn't I pin it???) I don't think it looked exactly like this since I couldn't find it, but it's my version anyway!

Cut a piece of cardstock in half the long way so it measures 11 1/2" by 4 14". Score and fold it down the middle. This is the base of your card. Cut a piece of blue cardstock 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" and adhere it inside the card on the half where your greeting goes.  

Now the fun begins! You may either stamp snowflakes on the front of your card or dry emboss a wintery image. In this case, I used Stampin' Up's Northern Flurries embossing folder. 

Now get out your circle punch of whatever size you have. The size of your snowman depends on the size of your punch. Any size is cute! I used my 1 3/8" punch.  

Punch out three part-circles on the front card flap, starting by punching about a 1/2 circle and punching smaller as you go up. Use a square punch to make his hat. I didn't have a punch for the hat brim so I just used a scissors to cut a skinny li'l brim. 

Three pearls placed inside on the blue cardstock made up his buttons. DONE!!  


1 comment :

Tara said...

Very cute! I love effortless.