Friday 23 January 2015

the challenge spark---using negative spaces (beautiful butterfly)


This week, Jane from White Orchid has challenged Tara from Country Girl Creates and me to design a card using negative spaces. Generally we think of working with the punched out shape rather than the hole it left behind in our paper! Well, here's my submission for this challenge. But I decided to add my die-cut butterfly onto my card anyway!

The Challenge Spark is our way to get fresh new ideas circling in our creative spaces. Jane, Tara and I take turns coming up with something new every week. Tara is asking us to show her something using a northern lights technique next week. I'm gonna have to study up on that one a bit before I share it! Hopefully I can take a teeny break from my pet butterflies for a few seconds soon!

4 comments :

Auntie Social said...

I'm gonna have to create one like this! Love it!!

Shelley said...

Ooooh, I really like how your negative space works with your vintage!

Tara said...

Lovely! Gonna be hard to work those butterflies into Northern Lights eh? :)

White Orchid said...

I like your stamping within the negative space! And who says you can't add the die cut as well! Awesome!