Wednesday 14 January 2015

The Challenge Spark---vintage emboss resist (card #2 old nautical maps)

I wonder what the rest of you think of when you consider the word "vintage"? I think of colors (brown, black, gold, copper, really anything earthy and dusty with faded teals, greens and oranges thrown in. Maybe some red.). I think  of genteel  high-quality artifacts of past eras. After all, it would have to be high quality to survive the passing of time. I think of art. Hand-drawn, hand-painted, hand-built. All with fairly primitive tools and trades, yet highly skilled.

Like maps. Like ships. (Titanic, anyone?) 

First I embossed in black the ship from Stampin' Up's Traveler. Then I punched out a circle from a scrap paper and placed it over the ship so that when I stamped the World Map over, it left the ship image clean and open. I embossed the map in black as well. Then all that was left was to sponge on the ink wherever and however it decided to go onto the map! This is one card that if I made a hundred, each would look different from the last!

Truly hand-made. Truly vintage!

Hop over to White Orchid to see what Jane's been up to! She's got a gorgeous butterfly card just WAITING for you to groove over!

2 comments :

Tara said...

Isn't that map stamp fun?? I like!

Grace said...

That map speaks to the school teacher in me!! As does our Dictionary background. Stampin' Up's doing a great job with backgrounds!